Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Turns out I'm not so good at this

Well, it's been over a week (maybe two?) since I started the blog and wrote the first two entries and I haven't done anything since then. To be fair, I started another post but never finished and it seems like outdated now. I think the best thing to do is to just write stuff for a while, whenever I feel like I need to, and eventually it will be a habit. And maybe I'll figure out this linking up stuff?

--Can I have a blog mentor??--

So, let's see. In order:

-We packed up everything that we owned in Jacksonville which included the house we were living in and the room the BF had on base. It wasn't that much stuff but we were trying to move everything in one SUV crossover and I kinda had a mini-breakdown the last night when we were up late doing all the remaining packing and I didn't think that things would fit. Turns out that the BF is a master at car-packing, which is why I let him do that in the cold all by himself. :) And it was even drivable, although it still made me anxious to have that much stuff piled up to the roof in places.

-The roadtrip to California via Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Arizona (the only A state we missed was Alaska!) was surprisingly uneventful considering we were traveling through 2-3 snowstorms and their aftermath. We stopped in TN to visit a friend of mine from college and then for the night in AL to stay with an aunt and uncle that I haven't seen in several years. Then it was on to Arkansas on our 1 year anniversary. Who doesn't love long roadtrips, stress, and staying at relatives house on their 1 year anniversary? I know, it's better than deployment, but considering we were in the same states together, it was shockingly mundane.

In Arkansas we got to spend a lovely evening with an set of my aunts and uncles and to see their new house that they just moved into a week ago. Since I called to ask if we could stay that morning, it was miracle that they had beds set up and ready for us! I always love getting to spend time with these relatives and it was the first time that they got to meet the BF which was very important to everyone.

The next morning we met my dad for breakfast and drove the rest of the way into Oklahoma and my mom's house. She had called and said that the roads were 0-10% cleared for about 3/4 of our trip, but they were dry as a bone. That was a huge relief. I'm surprised the BF didn't throw me out of the car with all of my worrying and stress about the Arizona boy driving on ice. But we made it safely before the next storm came in.

- Quick rundown of what we did in OK: cleared out, plastic-ed, scraped off the ceiling, and re-plastered the living room; helped out at a women in science fair; had lunch and dinner with friends; watched the Super Bowl; watched the weather (OK thing, plus the incoming snow storm); and tried to make anniversary/Valentine's Day memories for ourselves. I wish I was a picture person and could show you the cupcakes we made, but atlas, there is no photographic evidence.

- Then he left. To head home to Arizona. And I'm still in Oklahoma.*Insert frowny face*
I'm going to fly to meet him the end of the month so it's just a little over 2 weeks, but it seems so silly to be apart when the Marine Corps is letting us be together. So why, you ask, did I not complete our journey to AZ? Because, quite simply, his mother detests me, mostly for made-up reasons like I'm a gold-digger and I don't let him talk to his parents. There was no way in hell I was going to stay at their house for 2 weeks and listen to all the nastiness. I hate to give her that kind of power, but sometimes you just have to look out for your emotional health and do what is is right for you without regard to the politics of the decision.

Now that I'm home with my mom, I'm going to work on the business plan and the feasibility plan (could the idea possibility work or should it just be shelved for being too expensive with too little revenue?). Which at this point seems to mean reading articles at online business magazines. Errr, you gotta start somewhere??

Anyway, I really wanted to share this one article with you (whoever you are):
 

Even if you aren't interested in business but just like HP, this is quite the funny slideshow. I know, I tested it on my sister and mother.

That's pretty much it for me on what these past few weeks have been like: packing, packed car, driving, visiting, and reading articles that pretend to be about business but are actually about literary characters.

No comments: