Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blog stalking: A confessional II

In case you haven't gone back and read my first page (I HAVE TWO PAGES!!), then you wouldn't know that I was a blog stalker. It wasn't malicious at all and I never posted rude comments under "Anon." In fact, I never posted comments. I either didn't have anything to say, or didn't want to post comments without having something to offer the community as a reference point for who the heck I was (aka, my own blog). I know it's wrong, and rude, but at least my motivations was somewhat pure.

Anyway, two strange things have happened at the grocery store because of my blog reading, and because I never introduced myself online, it was really, really awkward.

1. I was at the Jacksonville Wal-Mart during our second week in town, the first week of needing groceries. Now, I only "followed" 2 people (I think) in Jacksonville because I was more concerned with their age/relationship/writing than their branch or location. The Marine Corps spouses were a little more relevant, but I wasn't seeking them out.

Anyway, at the Wal-Mart for a geographic area that is over 100,000 people and I turn the corner and almost run right into a blogger and her husband. My head exploded. And then I was practically giddy. Because, you see, this blogger has a particular budgeting method that she talks about and is a little unusual. And, I kid you not, she was right there doing the budgeting thing she had talked about online!

It's like when you're 8 and you meet a Disney character actor for the first time and you realize that your favorite fictional character has jumped out of your head and come to life.

Anyway, I ran away because I got embarrassed (nevermind that she had NO IDEA who I was because I was blog stalking). But then they were checking out a lane over from me and I couldn't stop myself. I was staring. I was staring a lot. I had crossed the line into real life stalker (except that I got in line first, but that seems like a technicality).

So blogging lady, if you see this, I hope you find it funny like the BF did. And I hope that you realize that I kinda felt like I had spotted a celebrity at the Wal-Mart. Also, I'm sorry for blog stalking.

2. Same thing. Different city. Different store. Different blogger.

We just moved to Pendleton. It was the first grocery shopping trip after the move (Costco this time). There I was in the toilet paper section, trying to figure out what the heck the differences were between the rolls, when up walks another lady blogger and her brood. This time the BF was there to laugh at me in real time, and he was even a good spot and let me point out the rest of the family. Again, blog stalker, to real life stalker.

Ma'am, I'm really sorry about recognizing you in the Costco and trying to remember the names of your kids. The odd (ish) thing is, is that I've only gone to your blog about 3 times, but I still managed to spot you in the paper goods aisle. My apologies.

Moral of the story kiddos: This is how something innocent could get you arrested.

No comments: