Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

It can't be Thursday again, can it?

The BF just left for a 12 day (I think, it got extended a day but might shorten?) FEX, which is really nothing compared to the 6mo or more deployment that we have coming up, but right now it's making me sad. I think it makes Almondine sad too, although I'm not sure how she knows. All I know is that she isn't looking for him to come home, which she normally does at this time of day.

On the plus side, we're going on a nice, "see you in 8 months" vacation right after he gets back from the training. It's 8 months in my head because there is the Mojave Viper training and then I'm pretty certain I'll never see him the last few weeks while they are getting ready to leave.

I guess that is why this feels so much more dramatic than the previous FEXes and all the months that we spent apart while we were long distance. Right now starts the 8 months in which, best case scenario, I get to hear from him about once a month. That's a heck of a lot different than going 1 month between visits but talking every.single.day for at least 2 hours. Yea, I know I was spoiled.

So I know I don't have too many readers, and definitely not too many comment-givers, but I'm BEGGING for advice on what to do to help me get through this "he's gone but he's here stage" as well as the actual deployment.

No comments: